Saturday 9 May 2015

My Philosophy on Technology



As an Early Childhood Teacher in training it is of utmost importance that I learn how to use technology, so I can employ them in my classroom to enhance the learning of students and to educate them on their usage. Technology are constantly changing the way in which we play, work, interact learn and teach, it is my duty to learn as much about technology so that in my area of specialize I will be able to educate my students about technology so that they will have the knowledge and ability that they need to function in this technology dominant society that we live in.  Students need to be creative problem solvers, innovative thinkers, and able to adapt to change. Therefore I must prepare students for a technology dominated future- a future where without this knowledge they may not be prepared to compete for future jobs.   As a future educator, I believe that the integration of technology into the classroom curriculum is essential for students to succeed in this society of computers and gadgets as I believed that technology give the quietest student a voice and can be used to get children to work together. It will also help to bring about a positive and diverse classroom where children will understand the importance of team work and sharing.  The integration of technology where students could do blog about what they learn at the end of the week and they could link the blog to other school so will let them appreciate other person’s ideas and thought thus building respect and unity among students. I therefore, as a student teacher want to be a well rounded person in the field of technology - to understand, assess, and use technologies in an effective way that i can give my students a good foundation. It is my goal to inform, enlighten, teach, and demystify the use of technology in the classroom so that students learning will be interesting and engaging.   As a future educator I will make sure that technology is a part of my daily teaching and also continue to be an ongoing learner so that I can keep up to date with the knowledge about technology and it’s innovation so that I can give my students a successful technological learning environment and be able to improve them with the 21st century education, as they ought to learn it to be well functional persons in society.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment